Biketrax is an independent cycle shop located in east London and I’d got to know the owner over several years through our shared hobby of Mountain Biking in nearby Epping Forest. The shop’s previous website was in a bit of sorry state with outdated content and wasn’t suitable for the myriad of devices that people access the web on in 2016.
I rebuilt the entire site to bring the information and its features up to modern responsive standards – an aim that any similar small business should be striving for. The owner had a passion for the vintage and retro designs of road cycling shirts from the 70’s, so I tried to reflect this in the simplicity of the design and the colours chosen, but also opted for a modern parallax theme to give the site a bit of ‘wow’ factor.
Key responsibilities and milestones:
– Customised chosen layout template to owners design specifications using CSS & HTML.
– Set up and monitored SEO ranking for several key search phrases elevating them to the 1st page of Google.
– Set up customer mailing list.
– Harmonised social network pages.
– Set up Google/Bing Webmaster and Analytics.