Go Further Cycling is an independent cycle hire shop on the edge of Epping Forest in the UK. Their website had been running since 2010 and was no longer suiting the needs and ambitions of the business in 2019.
The main objectives of the redesign were to:
– Improve the UX by reorganising and rewriting the existing written content.
– Make the site mobile and tablet friendly as 2/3 of people were visiting on these devices.
– Transplant the existing hire booking system and customise to appear as a seamless part of the website.
– Add an online store capability for future business expansion.
Several CMS’s were considered before a decision was made to build a responsive site around the Shopify platform. I felt this choice provided the most secure experience, as well as being the easiest to manage on a day-to-day basis from the owner’s perspective.
Key responsibilities and milestones:
– Customised chosen layout template to owners design specifications using CSS & HTML.
– Set up domain names and customer mailing list.
– Set up SEO
– Set up Google/Bing Webmaster and Analytics
– Connected website to social platforms and integrated Instagram feed on website homepage
– Set up and populated blog content
– Fully integrated hire booking engine